[Moin-user] ACL Help for a New User!

Jeffrey Scott scottj at bossiercity.org
Thu Feb 25 16:30:50 EST 2010

I have setup a small MOINMOIN wiki using Jumpbox. I would like to set the
site to where only certain users can edit certain pages and i have been
unable to do so. My first problem is that i am unable to change ACL's on a
page because i have no admin rights. I like the idea of creating the group
admin page and just adding users to the page but have been unable to get
this to work as well. The moinmoin help files have not been very helpful.
here is my wikiconfig file. someone please help!

"# This is checked by some rather critical and potentially harmful actions,

# like despam or PackageInstaller action:
    superuser = [u"admin", ]

# IMPORTANT: grant yourself admin rights! replace YourName with

# your user name. See HelpOnAccessControlLists for more help.

# All acl_rights_xxx options must use unicode [Unicode]

# acl_rights_before = (u"ScottJ:read,write,revert,delete,admin
MembersGroup:read")

# acl_rights_default = u"read:"

# Link spam protection for public wikis (Uncomment to enable)

# Needs a reliable internet connection.

#from MoinMoin.util.antispam import SecurityPolicy

Thanks

ScottJ