[Moin-user] URL authentication (without apache auth)?

mail at heavy.ch mail at heavy.ch
Tue Oct 28 17:09:29 EDT 2008

Hi there

I started trying to archive my mp3 music collection with MoinMoin.I'm
use a protected Wiki, but would like also to "stream" (sort of) some m3u
or mp3 files directly to a multimedia player. A file like music.m3u
would be downloaded from my wiki and would be open with my vlc player.

The file looks like:
{{{
http://user:password@myserver.com:8080/Def%
20Leppard/Pyromania?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=too_late_for_love.mp3
http://user:password@myserver.com:8080/Def%
20Leppard/Pyromania?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=comin%
27_under_fire.mp3
}}}

As you can see it would require that MoinMoin would allow to use
authentication over a simple url. I couldn't find a way to do this with
a standalone server. BUT I could find a way, if you're using some apache
server to enable the {{{ auth = [HTTPAuth()] }}}. Unter apache you could
use then {{{ mod_auth_basic }}} and create your user with htpasswd. Now
it's possible to save the m3u on your local harddisk, and play the songs
over the server.

--> BUT is there a way to do this without apache auth and let MoinMoin
(Standalone Server) due the user authentication & management stuff?

bye
Marcel

p.s.
Btw. for security reason you should also use some TLS e.g. https://