[Moin-user] Moin HelpOnInstalling changes

Rick Vanderveer rvanderveer at CognitiveArts.com
Wed Oct 25 00:39:26 EDT 2006

Today I completely revised the downloads page.

Before I get "reverted", let me explain my reasoning:  :-)
MoinMoin is *great* wiki software!  I discovered it using http://
www.wikimatrix.org and after first trying Twiki and getting
frustrated with that software.

However, the instructions for setting up MoinMoin were pretty
confusing.  So, I rewrote or re-factored the instructions for
ApacheOnWin32, ApacheOnWin32withDomainAuthentication, ApacheOnMacOsx,
and InternetInformationServer.  Now I'd like to reorganize the
HelpOnInstalling page.  The main thing I want to change is that we
currently have the more difficult (more generic) instructions first,
followed by the easier step-by-step guides for specific
configurations further down the page.

I think it makes more sense to put the easier step-by-step guides at
the top.  Each scenario will have all the full installation
instructions to get Moin installed in every scenario.

The idea, of course, is to make it easier for people to install and
foster adoption.  Hope everyone else agrees.  :-)

Thanks!

-Rick