[Moin-user] Confused about Apache config

Dan M dan at catfolks.net
Thu Mar 16 16:17:04 EST 2006

I've read through the online docs a few times, but I'm still a little
unsure what I'm doing.

My web site is www.smurgle.net. I'd like to set up a MoinMoin wiki, to
accessed via http://www.smurgle.net/projects

I've got MoinMoin installed under /usr/local/share/moin. I created a
directory /usr/local/share/moin/projects, with data/, underlay/, and
cgi-bin/ under that. I copied the appropriate files into data and
underlay, moin.cgi into cgi-bin, editted wikiconfig.py, and ln'd
wikiconfig.py into cgi-bin.

Now, in my Apache setup I've got a section that looks like:
<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerAdmin dan at catfolks.net
    DocumentRoot <path to my doc root>
    ServerName www.smurgle.net
    ServerAlias smurgle.net
    ErrorLog logs/smurgle.net-error_log
    CustomLog logs/smurgle.net-access_log common
    ScriptAlias /cgi-bin "<doc root>/cgi-bin"
    Alias /wiki/ "/usr/local/share/moin/htdocs/"
    ScriptAlias /projects "/usr/local/share/moin/projects/cgi-bin/moin.cgi"
</VirtualHost>

I'm not sure what the "Alias" line is doing for me. If I'm wanting to
access the Wiki at /projects, do I want the "Alias" line to reference
"/projects"? If I do that, I believe it will hide the Script Alias line.

Pointers on what I'm doing wrong would be most welcome!