[Moin-User] site's favicon

Stephen Edwards edwards at cs.vt.edu
Thu Apr 27 06:31:07 EDT 2006

Colin Gillespie wrote:
> I don't think that favicon is a Moin issue. ASAIK, the browser looks at
> the root of your site to get the favicon.

Note necessarily.  You can also specify this in the <head> of your
html document like this:

<link rel="icon" href="favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon" />
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon" />

You should be able to do this by customizing your MoinMoin
theme.  Most browsers look for the "shortcut icon" rel, but
Safari uses just "icon", IIRC.  Use your favorite URL in the href.

The browser will only look in the site's root if it does *not* find
this info in the HTML doc itself.

                                 -- Steve

--
Stephen Edwards            604 McBryde Hall          Dept. of Computer Science
e-mail      : edwards at cs.vt.edu           U.S. mail: Virginia Tech (VPI&SU)