[Moin-User] site's favicon

Robert Schumann robert at cantab.net
Thu Apr 27 05:59:03 EDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-04-27 at 13:49 +0100, Colin Gillespie wrote:
> I don't think that favicon is a Moin issue. ASAIK, the browser looks at
> the root of your site to get the favicon.

It can be a MoinMoin issue, depending on how you set up your webserver.
If you use ScriptAlias to point all requests to moin.cgi, then you're
going to have to create an Alias to favicon.ico.  If you're using
rewrite rules, then make a rewrite rule for that.  If you're serving
moin from a subdirectory (i.e. not a root wiki) then life becomes a
little easier.

So unfortunately I don't think there's a one-size-fits-all answer to
this!

Robert.