[Moin-user] how to run script

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Wed Apr 19 07:47:01 EDT 2006

> I would like to use the reducewiki.py on my Desktop 1.5.3 version of
> Moinmoin running on my Linux system.

Ehrm, why? :)

> I've found the reducewiki.py script but a python reducewiki.py fails. I get
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "reducewiki.py", line 29, in ?
>     from MoinMoin import config, wikiutil
> ImportError: No module named MoinMoin
> I must certainly setup env variables. I could not find any help on the
> moinmoin central wiki. Is their some basic tutorial or similar material
> available for a dummy user like me ?

If you didn't install the MoinMoin software to the default place using
setup.py, you either have to go into the directory in which the
MoinMoin/ directory is contained or add some sys.path.insert statement
in the code or use some PYTHONPATH(?) Environment variable.

> Also How can I access the new "moin" command available in 1.5.3. I've tried
> a python moin.py but have error

For most commands, you need to specify --config and --wiki-url options,
so it finds your config and knows which of your wikis to operate on.