[Moin-user] synchronising wikis

Roger Haase crosseyedpenguin at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 30 09:10:02 EST 2005

--- Crelis Rammelt <crelisr at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> With a colleague we are jointly working on a research wiki with
> MoinX. We both want to be able to work off-line on our laptops (in
> the train, abroad, etc) and every now and then synchronise recent
> changes.
> We thought of working with a server, but then we would need to be
> online all the time, which we don't want.
> Any suggestion?

Google for Unison file synchronizer, it will even work across different
OSes.  The only tricky part is you need the times = true control
statement to make diffs work correctly.  An example control file for
making a backup of a wiki follows.  You probably do not want the force
statement and may want to point to the wiki/data directory and
eliminate some of the ignore statements.

Roger Haase

root = C:\home\web\Moin\drawiki\
root = ssh://unison@javalina//home/web/Moin/drawiki/
force = ssh://unison@javalina//home/web/Moin/drawiki/