[Moin-user] Re: moinmoin and FastCGI

Malte Helmert helmert at informatik.uni-freiburg.de
Tue Feb 8 19:13:52 EST 2005

Ralf Gross wrote:

>>On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 16:21:10 +0100 (CET), Ralf Gross wrote:
>>

>>>[warn] FastCGI: (dynamic) server
>>>"/usr/local/share/moin/test-wiki/cgi-bin/moin.fcg" has failed to remain
>>>running for 30 seconds given 3 attempts, its restart interval has been
>>>backed off to 600 seconds
>>
>>>moin.cgi is working fine.
>>>
>>>Any ideas what might be wrong?

[...]

> It's the first time I use the fastcgi module. Any idea how I can examine
> this problem a bit further?

I had the same symptoms when installing MoinMoin under Apache 1.3 +
FastCGI earlier this week. In the end it turned out that it was not
MoinMoin-related but a problem with interaction of mod_fastcgi and the
mod_suexec wrapper. Are you using suexec, or any other wrapper for that
matter?

It would help if you first checked whether or not FastCGI works in your
Apache configuration at all. Try replacing moin.fcg with a simple
FastCGI test script, e.g. the one at:

   http://support.zeus.com/doc/examples/fastcgi/hello_world.html

Malte