[Moin-user] how to make one page read-only

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Tue Jul 20 08:02:13 EDT 2004

> I'm having a problem with a wiki-spammer junk to my TitleIndex
> every day.
>
> Is there a way to to make just this one page non-editable?
> (Short of editing the MoinMoin code.)

You could change it to r/o in the file system.

But I doubt that would help much, next day will come another spammer and
spam all other pages.

> I tried changing the owner and permissions in the file system
> for the page, but MoinMoin just changed them back (I think
> it removed the page and added it again.)

Normally it says "immutable" for ro pages. Maybe there was a bug in the
version you use.

> I'm using MoinMoin 1.0 - is this something that would be
> available in more recent versions?

Yes, quite some stuff in 1.2.2:
  * page ACLs
  * MoinMoin:SecurityPolicy has a content based spammer filter