[Moin-devel] WASP!=WASP?

Thilo Pfennig tp at alternativ.net
Mon Nov 3 03:27:07 EST 2003

I am not sure, but the WASP, that is talked about on:
http://twistedmatrix.com/users/jh.twistd/moin/moin.cgi/MoinMoinIdeas_2fWikiAplicationServerPage

semms to be different than the real WASP,
wiki-entry:
http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/moinmoin/Wasp

homepage:
http://www.execulink.com/~robin1/wasp/readme.html

I would strongly vote against an own template engine integrated into
MoinMoin. I think there is much work todo. Better we depend on an
external template engine (why not the real WASP).

If we choose otherwise I would vote for a different name to reduce
confusion inside the Python community.

Many applications in PHP use external template engines like Smarty. This
allows projects to concentrate on things, that are not already done
(better).

Thilo

--
thilo pfennig