[Microbit-Python] Microbit DHt11 temp and humidity sensor

Jim Mussared jim at groklearning.com
Sat Jul 8 07:01:55 EDT 2017

I just realized you had the sensor details in the subject line - DHT11.

It looks a lot like a 1-wire device -- datasheet at
https://cdn-shop.adafruit.com/datasheets/DHT11-chinese.pdf (and
similar to https://cdn-shop.adafruit.com/datasheets/DHT22.pdf). I
think you're going to have a hard time doing this from MicroPython on
the micro:bit because you don't have microsecond-level timing.

I recommend trying to find an I2C sensor instead - that'll be much
easier to use. Or if you want to make it really easy, some sort of
analog interface sensor (i.e. where you read a voltage from it).