[Microbit-Python] Say hola to microperi [WIP]

Andy Crook andy.crook at gmail.com
Mon May 16 05:27:13 EDT 2016

Sadly our IT is run at county level who assess every suggestion and get
back to us. I guess by expensive they mean technician time to dedicate to
creating the custom image with all the necessary restrictions in place,
then deploying it with an install of virtualbox. A couple of years ago I
was told we can't have Blender installed as it would require python. Go
figure.

I asked for Mu to be installed on all pc's months ago. They were quick to
put it on the list of jobs to be done. It's not done yet. I get the scary
feeling that microbit will fall flat on its face here as we won't be able
to use them in any capacity.

 I was thinking for next year I should tell all CS students to get a
raspberry pi and an HDMI to VGA lead to connect to our monitors, so at
least they can use the device properly. However, *that's* not allowed as
they wouldn't be our gear, so not PAT tested etc. Rock and a hard place.

However, this is getting a bit doom 'n' gloom. I hope things eventually
sort out but for me progress seems glacial.