[Microbit-Python] Microbit operating voltage range

fresh.bread fresh.bread at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Aug 17 16:39:43 EDT 2016

Perhaps a bit off topic, being a general hardware question, but I can't
seem to find the appropriate forum to ask the question, but does anyone
know what the Microbit's operating voltage range is.

1. I have seen it suggested that taking it above 3V isn't a good idea,
is that true?
2.  Has anyone measured the minimum operating, I coupled it to a pair of
rechargeable NiMH  cells,  these were freshly charged and putting out
2.6V. My patience ran out before the cells.. Will it work off 2.4v (i.e
a pair of tired NiMH cells)