[Microbit-Python] Flat API

David Whale david at thinkingbinaries.com
Wed Sep 23 00:13:17 CEST 2015

I'm sure both GCSE and AQA specifications talk about abstraction and
decomposition - how can you do that without functions??

All our 11 year olds use functions in the schools I work with. We introduce
functions in Adventures in Minecraft (aimed at 11-15 year olds and mostly
syncronised to the GCSE curriculum) in chapter 3 and use them extensively
through to chapter 10 as a way to build up and test programs in small
incremental steps.

I personally think OCR are wrong on this.

David Whale, B.Sc (Hons), MIET
*Software Engineer and IET Schools Liaison Officer, Essex*

email:  dwhale at theiet.org
twitter: @whaleygeek
blog:  blog.whaleygeek.co.uk

Co-author of the new book "Adventures in Minecraft" <http://amzn.to/ZGfxZG>