[Microbit-Python] Secrecy And The BBC micro:bit

Nicholas H.Tollervey ntoll at ntoll.org
Sun Oct 18 16:55:31 CEST 2015

Hi Larry,

Here's the current situation:

* Anything in the public domain is repeatable, for example, anything I
said during my presentation at PyCon UK.
* On Monday, we hope to be able to open up our MicroPython repository
for all the micro:bit specific things. This is SUBJECT TO CONFIRMATION
but my weekend has been spent preparing various blog posts etc... ready
for this.
* Anything *you* produce yourself is yours and you can do what you want
with it!

Basically, the BBC would love positive publicity. The more tweets you
can generate that mention microbit, the BBC and MicroPython in a
positive framing the better! The PSF is part of a partnership so it is
important to frame the device in this context. It would be a terrible
faux-pas to claim we're sole "platform" for the device (i.e. there's
Microsoft's TouchDevelop).

Does this make sense? Happy to answer questions or offer clarifications.

Best wishes,

Nicholas.