[Microbit-Python] Update to the music API specification

Nicholas H.Tollervey ntoll at ntoll.org
Thu Oct 15 22:48:04 CEST 2015

Hi Folks,

As promised I've updated the music API specification to reflect our
recent stimulating conversations.

The only significant change to the API that'll need fixing is that the
pin argument is made optional and the "tune" and "note" functions are
consolidated into a single "play" function.

By the looks of it these are not onerous changes - obviously I
understand what needs to be done but given my complete lack of C/C++
experience I'm unsure how best to go about it since I don't have other
similar functions upon which to base a solution. Anyone fancy stacking
this onto my music-updates branch..?

I've also added the Monty Python theme tune because Python programming
can't have enough MP references (no matter how obvious they appear to be).

Matthew, how's the non-blocking work going..? Once that's in we have a
complete and rather wonderful music API.

Best wishes,

N.