[Microbit-Python] Game API objects I want

Larry Hastings larry at hastings.org
Fri Oct 9 06:04:55 CEST 2015

On 10/07/2015 02:41 AM, David Whale wrote:
> Have we got any way of importing modules yet - that would be a way to
> provide additional functionality needing to extend the core API. It
> also means these things could be added and tested *after* release,
> rather than delaying the release.

Is there a reason they shouldn't be added and tested now?

On 10/08/2015 07:47 AM, Jonathan Austin wrote:
> This looks sweet. I wonder, do you guys have access to Joe Finney/Lancaster
> University’s DAL repository?
>
> Joe has a Fiber scheduler in there, and it might be possible just to break out
> bits from that.

I don't think I have access to that repository.

Unless they're using the terminology in a different way, a Fiber is a
completely unrelated concept to an event scheduler.  It's a
user-scheduled thread, or a continuation, kind of like Python's "yield".

> Failing that, mbed has a Ticker and a Timeout class,
>
> https://developer.mbed.org/handbook/Ticker
> https://developer.mbed.org/handbook/Timeout

These are also not-exactly related.  Those are both interrupt-driven
callback functions.  Theoretically they could be mis-used for this
ability.  But note the provisos: "no blocking code", "no print /
malloc".  I suspect it's impossible to do anything useful in Python in
an ISR.

//arry/