[Microbit-Python] flashing the Microbit

Mark Schafer mschafer at wireframe.biz
Sun Nov 29 04:48:39 EST 2015

I've got my Ubuntu14.04 compiling using Yotta and I'm getting a hex file.
But I've looked and just can't find out how to get the newly built hex
file onto the Microbit from Linux.

- On here it doesn't say:
      https://github.com/bbcmicrobit/micropython
- I've used dfutils (from windows) for the stm version of the hardware
but I don't think that's going to work for the Microbit
- This page (https://github.com/bbcmicrobit/PythonEditor) suggests I can
send it over on a serial connection if I install pyserial and determine
which tty its on.
     - it also seems to be suggesting the .hex file is a hidden file
(but I can't see it on the unit that arrived in the mail) when doing a
directory listing on the Microbit plugged into windows..?

Where is this extra info - bound to be there - I just can't find it :(

Thanks, Mark...