[Microbit-Python] The BBC reveal the device to the media

Howard Baker-IF&L howard.baker at bbc.co.uk
Sun Jul 12 12:46:20 CEST 2015

Hi Nicholas,

My personal view on this is that everybody is talking about the same thing. Micropython is a brilliant solution and we should be aiming to support it and get it out there -- it would be mad not to. I think what Michael, Joe and I are talking about is can we do other things as well -- can we *also* explore getting BLE supported and see if there is a way to do it -- not just because it would help Micropython and kids but because it would help the whole project to optimise things -- and can we *also* see if we can get a version inside the web app. Not as an alternative but as a way of extending Python (and Micropython) to another audience. If we can do both then let's try to do it, if we can't then offline offers all the advantages you've outlined.

Thanks for everything
Howard