[Microbit-Python] Battery connector and battery holder

David Whale david at thinkingbinaries.com
Fri Dec 11 19:13:57 EST 2015

You can power from the 3V and 0V ring pads directly, that's how Spencer
powers his foosball table and the Whack A Mole game, and also that's how
the kitronik motor controller powers the micro:bit.

I recall a conversation months ago where someone said there is one less
diode drop via that route, so you need to be sure to not over voltage it.
The cores are specified up to 3.6V on the 3V3_IF supply, so two AA's should
be fine.

David

David Whale, B.Sc (Hons), MIET
*Software Engineer and IET Schools Liaison Officer, Essex*

email:  dwhale at theiet.org
twitter: @whaleygeek
blog:  blog.whaleygeek.co.uk

Co-author of global bestselling book "Adventures in Minecraft"
<http://amzn.to/ZGfxZG> - lets get kids coding!
Now in English, Spanish, Chinese and Russian.