[Microbit-Python] Battery connector and battery holder

Tom Viner tom at viner.tv
Fri Dec 11 18:37:07 EST 2015

On 11 December 2015 at 21:40, Damien George <damien.p.george at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I hope this reply is not too late!  I looked at the options for the
> battery pack and the one with 2x AA would be perfect:
>
> https://www.kitronik.co.uk/2268-2x-aa-battery-box-with-switch-and-connector.html

I ordered one of those, but they've then clarified via the first Q&A on
that page that it's not actually going to fit the micro:bit. At least I'll
have something to hold a pair of AAs in place.

I'll let the person concerned speak for themselves, but I have had word
from certain roboteer that he's powering the micro:bit via the 3V and GND
pins, skipping the need for USB / battery connector all together! Any views
on that approach? We weren't sure if it was "correct" but does seem to work.