[meta-sig] No list of "active sigs" or "retired sigs" on python.org?

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Mon Jun 23 09:54:16 CEST 2014

On 23.06.2014 04:30, Steve Waterbury wrote:
> Hi SIG-sters,
>
> Man, this has gotta be the quietest mailing list I ever joined!
> ;) The archives are tiny!  Anyhow, sorry to barge in and talk
> over the crickets, but I was just checking python.org to see if
> there still existed an XML SIG -- not surprisingly it appears
> there isn't one (at least judging by their mailing list archives,
> which end in 2012, albeit without an email announcing the
> retirement of the SIG).

The SIG list still exists:

> So then I noticed that on
> <https://www.python.org/community/sigs/>, although there's lots
> of useful information about SIGs, it says "Below is the list of
> currently active Python SIGs, with links to their resources" --
> which is then conspicuous by its absence.
>
> Also, the page <https://www.python.org/community/sigs/retired>
> says "These are SIGs that existed in the past but are no longer
> active." -- but there is no list on that page either.
>
> Just wanted to let whoever maintains those pages know.  Probably
> better to have at least a placeholder message saying "There are
> no currently active SIGs" than just nothing.  One is lead to
> wonder if there really are none or if something that was supposed
> to generate the list(s) failed.

This is a migration bug:

https://github.com/python/pythondotorg/issues/89

The old site still has the lists:

http://legacy.python.org/community/sigs/
http://legacy.python.org/community/sigs/retired/

Someone would need to convert the two tables to ReST and
add them to the pages on the new site.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Jun 23 2014)
2014-06-17: Released eGenix PyRun 2.0.0 ...       http://egenix.com/go58
2014-07-02: Python Meeting Duesseldorf ...                  9 days to go
2014-07-21: EuroPython 2014, Berlin, Germany ...           28 days to go

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/