[meta-sig] Retired SIGS, SIG ownership

Deirdre Saoirse Moen deirdre@deirdre.net
Fri, 27 Apr 2001 10:17:27 -0700

>   A maintainable Web site would be a big boost, however.  Perhaps SIGs
>should be able to get a wiki (at the champion's/participants'
>discretion) for presenting information to non-members?  That would be
>relatively easy to set up and shouldn't require much webmaster
>attention.  How useful it would be would depend entirely on the SIG
>and SIG members responsible for managing it.

The way it's done on other sites I've seen is via CVS, where someone
can propose a change by committing it and the web site is
re-generated from CVS periodically. No need for a wiki and changes
could be backed out. In the long run, probably less maintenance. Each
sig could be a separate branch.

_Deirdre     Stash-o-Matic: http://weirdre.com      http://deirdre.net
                                                          - Douglas Adams