[meta-sig] Switchover to mailman

Friedrich, Robin K Robin.K.Friedrich@USAHQ.UnitedSpaceAlliance.com
Fri, 27 Feb 1998 07:55:54 -0600

>----------
>From: 	Markus Fleck[SMTP:fleck@informatik.uni-bonn.de]
>
>I still cannot see *any* reason why the list of subscribers
>should be available on the web *at all*. Could anybody give
>me just *one* reasonable example scenario of why if might be
>useful to have subscriber addresses on the web?

1. I have often been composing an email and wanted to be sure that
certain people get it, but I was not sure if they were on the list or
not. I then had to surf the web to look up the majordomo commands (can't
remember them for the life of me) and stop and send off a who to that
list, wait for the reply, scan through to see if he's on it already
before sending a cc: to him. Otherwise I could just add the cc without
checking and have him likely get two copies of the same email. Maybe I'm
weird but getting two copies of the same message tends to irritate me so
I try no to do it to others.