[PYTHON META-SIG] Re: pattern-sig -- tired of waiting...

Fred L. Drake fdrake@CNRI.Reston.Va.US
Thu, 27 Mar 1997 15:35:28 -0500 (EST)

  I think the pattern-sig should be created; the mailing list is of
more interest to me than the BSCW server.  The SIG clearly does not
overlap the other SIGs, and the main list really is too high-volume
already, and so mostly just gets deleted.  I pay much more attention
to SIG lists because they're well-focussed.
  The mission statement should be clarified to indicate the specific
"deliverables" of the group, with the dominant deliverables being
documented, realistic examples of patterns in Python and
identification and description of "idioms" common in Python, and what
each is good for.
  Dinu, do I recall correctly that you volunteered to be the shephard
for the SIG?

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.