[PYTHON META-SIG] Re: SIGs

Jim Fulton, U.S. Geological Survey jfulton@usgs.gov
Tue, 29 Aug 1995 08:20:34 -0400

On Mon, 28 Aug 1995 18:08:49 -0400
Guido van Rossum said:
> Jim's sig descriptions are quite a bit longer than what fits in Ken's
> original overview of SIGs.

Let me know if you need some shorter descriptions.  (If so, let me
know how long.)

> I wonder if I should create subdirectories for each SIG in the sigs
> web directory, where each SIG would have its own web page(s)?  I could
> start with three subdirectories (meta, matrix, gui) each containing
> just an index.html that's the HTML'ified sig description,

Sounds good.

> plus
> detailed instructions on how to subscribe (most people don't know
> Majordomo commands by heart, so a little handholding won't hurt :-).

Absolutely.

> Each SIG could then start collecting other relevant things
> (e.g. proposals, archives, workshop notes) in its own subdirectory.
>
> What do you meta-guys think?

Is there any way to use majordomo to put files in the sig directories?
Perhaps the sig adminstrator could, using their password place files?

Not that I mind getting an account, but I'd have to come up to speed
on the one-time password stuff.

Jim