[PYTHON META-SIG] Re: SIGs

Guido van Rossum guido@cnri.reston.va.us
Mon, 28 Aug 1995 18:08:49 -0400

Jim's sig descriptions are quite a bit longer than what fits in Ken's
original overview of SIGs.

I wonder if I should create subdirectories for each SIG in the sigs
web directory, where each SIG would have its own web page(s)?  I could
start with three subdirectories (meta, matrix, gui) each containing
just an index.html that's the HTML'ified sig description, plus
detailed instructions on how to subscribe (most people don't know
Majordomo commands by heart, so a little handholding won't hurt :-).

Each SIG could then start collecting other relevant things
(e.g. proposals, archives, workshop notes) in its own subdirectory.

What do you meta-guys think?

--Guido van Rossum <guido@CNRI.Reston.VA.US>