[melbourne-pug] Any interest in a tutorial night?

Mike Dewhirst miked at dewhirst.com.au
Mon Jun 8 11:02:18 CEST 2015

On 8/06/2015 6:20 PM, Tennessee Leeuwenburg wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> How about the 17th, 18th or 19th?

I'm coming back to Melbourne on 19 June so 19 would be a possibility.
Its going to be a big week and I'll be in domestic debt so would prefer
the following week if that was easy for everyone else.

But maybe the topic will be beyond me and you can count me out anyway?

I'm interested in statistical treatment of observations/data
particularly least squares smoothing and developing formulae to
predict/reproduce curves to match the smoothed data. I want to insert
known values and predict the outcomes according to the formula. If that
makes sense.

Would your tutorial help get me over the learning hump? I don't want to
become a career statistician just tackle a few datasets.

Thanks

Mike