[melbourne-pug] Mark Ramm joins PyCon Australia 2012 as a Keynote Presenter

Chris Neugebauer chrisjrn at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 01:30:13 CEST 2012

PyCon Australia, the national conference for the Python programming
community is happy to announce that veteran Python web developer Mark
Ramm will be joining the 2012 conference as a keynote presenter.

PyCon Australia 2012 will be held in Hobart, Tasmania on Saturday 18
and Sunday 19 August, 2012.

Where do the tools of the scientist meet the tools of product design
for high-growth Startups? Mark explains: "There’s been a lot of buzz
about 'Lean Startups,' 'Customer Development,' 'Business Model
Generation' and related topics lately, and there is a real
transformation in the way we design and build products at work behind
all that buzz -- the fundamental principle behind all of them is
applying scientific and experimental methodologies to product design
decision making."

"Fortunately Python is a great tool for those looking to apply data
science to product design."

In Mark's previous role as Director of Engineering at SourceForge.net,
he set out to prove the value of these tools in an established
organisation, eventually transforming their development practices, and
the entire SourceForge.net product around it, to help them meet the
needs of their users quicker. He now works as Engineering Manager on
the Juju team at Canonical, helping developers rapidly deploy services
to the cloud.

A regular presenter at Python-related conferences around the world,
including PyCon US, EuroPython, Kiwi PyCon and OSCON; Mark is also the
co-BDFL of the TurboGears web framework, and is a regular contributor
to the Pyramid ecosystem.

We're looking forward to hearing Mark's guide to developing startups
with the tools of the scientist in August. Conference registrations
are now open at http://2012.pycon-au.org/register/prices

=== About PyCon Australia ===

PyCon Australia is the national conference for the Python Programming
Community. The third PyCon Australia will be held on August 18 and 19,
2012 in Hobart, Tasmania, bringing together professional, student and
enthusiast developers with a love for developing with Python. PyCon
Australia informs the country’s Python developers with presentations,
tutorials and panel sessions by experts and core developers of Python,
as well as the libraries and frameworks that they rely on.

To find out more about PyCon Australia 2012, visit our website at
http://pycon-au.org or e-mail us at contact at pycon-au.org.

PyCon Australia is presented by Linux Australia (www.linux.org.au) and
acknowledges the support of our Gold sponsors: Google Australia
(www.google.com.au), and the Australian Computer Society (Tasmanian
Branch) (www.acs.org.au); our Event partners: Kogan, and Secret Lab;
and our Silver sponsors: the Python Software Foundation, the Django
Software Foundation, Anchor Systems, 99designs, Red Hat, ekit,
RimuHosting, and CSIRO.

--
--Christopher Neugebauer
Conference Coordinator and Sponsor Liaison

PyCon Australia: Hobart 2012 -- http://2012.pycon-au.org -- @pyconau
Conference registration and accommodation deals now available! See our
website for details.

Jabber: chrisjrn at gmail.com -- IRC: chrisjrn on irc.freenode.net --
WWW: http://chris.neugebauer.id.au -- Twitter/Identi.ca: @chrisjrn