[melbourne-pug] Facebook group for MPUG created

Tennessee Leeuwenburg tleeuwenburg at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 23:33:58 CET 2009

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=59918958226
Hi all,

I have taken the liberty of creating a Facebook group for MPUG so that any
interested members can take advantage of its facilities. I realise not
everyone will like using Facebook, and I will undertake to cross-post
anything of particular relevance (i.e. any events or job postings) from
Facebook to the MPUG mailing list in order to protect the relevance of the
mailman list. I have also updated the MPUG page on
http://wiki.python.org/moin/MelbournePUG
. <http://wiki.python.org/moin/MelbournePUG>

I felt that the addition of the Facebook group might help to stimulate
additional interest in Python for anyone based in Melbourne. In due course,
I would love to look into re-starting face-to-face events, but for the time
being I think we need to re-build some momentum for the group. Forgive me
for doing so on my own initiative, but due to the group inactivity I felt
that it was reasonably appropriate for me to do so. Apologies if I have
upset any stakeholders in the group, but I do hope this will help Python
developers in Melbourne to connect and find colleagues and conversation
partners in their local areas.

Regards,
-Tennessee

Tennessee Leeuwenburg