[melbourne-pug] CGI question

Mike Dewhirst miked at dewhirst.com.au
Tue Nov 22 02:40:29 CET 2005

Tennessee Leeuwenburg wrote:
> Obviously you've thought about it, but I would be inclined to think it
> wasn't really being set. Perhaps the particular directory you have isn't
> triggering a log-on?
>
> You could try double-checking with php, perl or another language to
> double check.
>
> Using a cookie is certainly another way around session tracking.
>
> If you use a static html file, are you prompted to log-in before viewing
> the page? i.e. are you sure that the particular file/directory you are
> accessing requires a log-on?

Tennessee

Thanks for responding. You picked it. The static html file in htdocs
required valid-user and on submit is calling cgi-bin/collectinfo.py. As
soon as I required valid-user in the cgi-bin directory (same realm) as
well, it started working.

Thanks heaps

:)

Mike

1. Static html file in htdocs basic auth directory
	triggers login prompt

2. Page displays with form fields and on submit calls
cgi-bin/collectinfo.py which fails to find REMOTE_USER