[Medusa-dev] Generating exe from Medusa

Donovan Baarda abo at minkirri.apana.org.au
Wed Jun 29 01:03:24 CEST 2005

On Tue, 2005-06-28 at 01:16, Gregory Pereira wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we have written an application using the Twisted Framework to generate
> an Client Server.
>
> Is it easier to use Medusa?

probably not... maybe. Medusa is older, and more stable, but Twisted has
been refactored again and again, so is more refined, and probably better
documented.

> The reason i am asking is that we are having problems generating the
> exe for the application using the installed Twisted application.
>
> I assume Medusa is also a package that one installs?

It is a collection of pure python modules.

> Have you got support to generate an exe using the Py2exe package?

I suspect that the reason you are having problems with Twisted is it's
exensive support for different event-loops... probably some of which are
C extension modules (guessing here).

If that is the case, then you might have more luck with medusa. However,
migrating Twisted code to medusa would not be that easy, as they are
fairly different. Twisted is much better supported these days, so you
might as well try and resolve the issues you are having with it through
the Twisted lists etc. I would also deal with the Py2exe people...

--
Donovan Baarda <abo at minkirri.apana.org.au>