[medusa] trouble with 19990902 snapshot: asyncore.loop() exists immediately

jam jam@n...
Thu, 2 Sep 1999 23:45:08 -0400

greetings,

I've been beating my head against the wall for an hour or two trying to
figure out what I might be doing wrong, but to no avail.. hopefully someone
on the list can shed some light on this..

I have a very simple 'httpd.py' script:

-- cut here --
import sys
import asyncore

if __name__ == "__main__":
from medusa import default_handler, filesys, http_server, resolver, logger
rs = resolver.caching_resolver("127.0.0.1")
lg = logger.file_logger(sys.stdout)
fs = filesys.os_filesystem(".")
dh = default_handler.default_handler(fs)
hs = http_server.http_server('toast', 8081, rs, lg)
hs.install_handler(dh)
asyncore.loop()
-- cut here --

when I try to run this script from the command line, it exists immediately,
and doesn't wait for connections.. I get my prompt back.

if I run 'http_server.py from the 'medusa' directory, everything seems to
work fine, and it sits and waits for connections.

my first thought is that I somehow set up something incorrectly, but the
above is much simpler than what I had with the older version, and I've tried
removing the various pieces to see if they might be causing a problem, but
have not had any luck so far. the only thing that might be remotely unusual
about my setup is that I am using python 1.5.2. to install this version of
medusa, I renamed the 'asyncore' and 'asynchat' modules, and copied the ones
from the distribution into /usr/lib/python1.5, to make sure I was using the
right versions.

could someone shed a clue on this problem? I'm almost certain it's something
silly. any help appreciated.

thanks!

regards,