[Matrix-SIG] Fortran-to-python-interface-generator: looking for opinions

Andrew P. Mullhaupt amullhau@zen-pharaohs.com
Sat, 28 Aug 1999 19:32:00 -0400

> intent(temporary) is an option in Pyfort, not Fortran. It indicates that
the
> user WANTS this array
> created by the tool. If the user doesn't want it, don't use it.

Oh, OK. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I thought this might be a situation
in which the Fortran code would result in automatic allocation by the
interface. The more things you can stop things from allocating memory so you
can do it yourself the better your life is.

> The point is to allow a simpler calling sequence for the Python user.
Again,
> if you don't think that is a good idea,  you simply declare all arrays as
> inout and Pyfort doesn't touch them.

No problem.

Later,
Andrew Mullhaupt