[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] Win95 NumPy 1.0b1 install problem

Tom Short ta.short@pti-us.com
Mon, 24 Feb 1997 11:16:42 -0500 (EST)

At 07:09 PM 2/23/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Alex Cannon wrote:
>>
>> I've just downloaded and executed the NumPy 1.0b1 binary for Win95/NT and
>> am getting:
>>
>> !
>> Please run this installation
>>
>> in a DOS box. It doesn't appear that a setup executable etc. is being
>> extracted. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem? This is with
>> Win95 4.00.950a.

I got this too but then noticed that the file size was not right (should be
408,830 bytes), so Netscape didn't download it correctly (I think it might
be trying to fetch it as text instead of binary). I used another web
download tool (webfetch), and it worked okay.

- Tom