[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] Numeric benchmark suite?

Martin Szummer szummer@media.mit.edu
Sat, 22 Feb 1997 20:33:18 -0500

Hi,

 I noticed some speed discrepancies between Python on different
platforms (with otherwise comparable CPUs).  (This concerns 1.0a6
under Linux, HPUX, IRIX, and Alpha).

 I would like to do a more thorough speed test,
so I was wondering if anybody has a good benchmark suite?
Ideally the benchmark suite should break up the results for different
operations, such as matrixmultiply, addition, FFT, and also measure different
data types (Integer, float, double, complex), and matrix sizes.

 I suspect the speed discrepancies depend on the compiler (cc vs. gcc)
and compilation options.  Any recommendations for compilers/options?

-- Martin