[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] Re: Saving HUGE arrays

Zachary_Roadhouse@brown.edu Zachary_Roadhouse@brown.edu
Thu, 21 Nov 1996 08:48:18 -0500 (EST)

On 21-Nov-96 Emmanuel.Viennet@laforia.ibp.fr wrote:
>Cool. This would allow very efficient implementation of matrix I/O
>packages.
>
>I presume PyBuffer_GetInfo() should fail on non-contiguous arrays ?

I agree with Konrad here.  What would be needed for a non-continguous
array would just be a little more book keeping.  Read and write
methods would be great!  This feature would make it easier to pass
data around to my labs non-Python crew.  It would also might make it
easier to transform a Numeric array into a PIL image (a common task
in my group) by giving the Image a "file" to work with -- of course
it'll be faster...  Thumbs up here.

     - Zack

E-MAIL: Zachary_Roadhouse@brown.edu  WEB: http://althor.netspace.org/~zack/
Brown University, Box 220, Providence, RI 02912
Phone: (401) 863 - 5435