[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] Final matrix object renaming and packaging

Paul. Dubois dubois1@llnl.gov
Tue, 16 Jan 1996 11:36:55 -0800

Before we get too concerned about the old "array", has anyone checked
the library and found out how many places it is used? Could the new one
be plugged in pretty easily in most places that use it now? (I suspect
so.) Could someone with access to the contributer library grep it?

While requiring users to change existing code is very undesireable, this
needs to be balanced by asking how many users, how much code, how much
trouble. In the case of a central facility like this one, it is worth a
little pain to use the right name, which surely is array.

--
Paul F. Dubois, L-472				(510)-422-5426
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory		FAX (510)-423-9969