[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] Final matrix object renaming and packaging

Hinsen Konrad hinsenk@ere.umontreal.ca
Tue, 16 Jan 1996 13:46:30 -0500

   function of what order libraries appear in sys.path.  I just think that it
   would be best to avoid this problem altogther by using a different name.

I'd rather investigate a bit more and choose a reasonable name if at
all possible. After all, we are creating an API to be used by
(hopefully ;-) millions of users, who probably don't want to dig into
Python history to find out why something called an "array" everywhere
has some strange name in Python. The compromises made necessary
by Python's strange comparison implementation are bad enough.

Konrad Hinsen                     | E-Mail: hinsenk@ere.umontreal.ca
Departement de chimie             | Tel.: +1-514-343-6111 ext. 3953
Universite de Montreal            | Fax:  +1-514-343-7586
C.P. 6128, succ. Centre-Ville     | Deutsch/Esperanto/English/Nederlands/
Montreal (QC) H3C 3J7             | Francais (phase experimentale)