[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] Naming Conventions And Practical Experience

David Ascher da@maigret.cog.brown.edu
Thu, 8 Feb 1996 10:31:38 -0500 (EST)

> I'm working on something similar. I've got various FFT packages off
> the net - I'll try to interface them, but I don't have time right
> now. If you are interested in doing it, let me know.

Maybe we should start a subsig for linalg, one for fft/image
processing?

> In the mean time, for those wanting to play take a look at the file
> attached at the end. It's not the stuff legends are made of, but it
> should work.

I did something similar in Python, and then redid it in C.  The C
version was orders of magnitude faster, not surprisingly.  I don't know
enough about such things to write really efficient code for this sort of
stuff, though.

--david