[Matplotlib-users] Transparency for pcolor slices in Axes3D plot

Benjamin Root ben.v.root at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 12:48:27 EDT 2020

The ordering problem is well-known and is a limitation of the 2D rendering
engine of matplotlib. I call them "Escher Effects". No need to file a bug
report, there are plenty of discussions on ways to mitigate it in specific
instances, but ultimately, if you need a complex 3D scene, you may need to
use a true 3D rendering tool like mayavi or others. This is discussed on
the mplot3d main page.

I hope that helps!
Ben Root