[Matplotlib-users] package needed to use Qt5Agg backend

Slavin, Jonathan jslavin at cfa.harvard.edu
Wed Jan 22 15:31:57 EST 2020

Hi,

I've been using matplotlib with the Qt5Agg backend on my desktop for some
time now using conda. I'm also running on NASA HPC systems and wanting to
do analysis on their system without copying my data over. They have
matplotlib installed but apparently not the package needed to use Qt5Agg as
a backend. Can anyone tell me what package they would need to install for
Qt5Agg to work?

They use a module system (not to be confused with python modules!) whereby
a whole set of packages are loaded (which I guess means that environment
variables and paths are set) that make software available to use. This is
common on high performance clusters.

Regards,
Jon

--
Jonathan D. Slavin
Astrophysicist - High Energy Astrophysics Division