[Matplotlib-users] annotation arrow shrink

vincent.adrien at gmail.com vincent.adrien at gmail.com
Tue May 29 18:21:48 EDT 2018

Hi Ilya,

Using a null-value for `shrinkA` or `shrinkB` does not achieve what you
want?

FWIW, I think that the method used under the hood by `FancyArrowPatch`
is located
[here](https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/blob/master/lib/matplotlib/patches.py#L2706),
while the percentage-to-points machinery in `Axes.annotate` (when
*arrowstyle* is `None` and using the *shrink* parameter) seems to start
[there](https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/blob/master/lib/matplotlib/text.py#L2128).

Attached is a small snippet demonstrating both the percentage-based and
the point-based shrinking possibilities, in case this might help.

Best,
Adrien