[Mailman3-dev] Flexible data storage

Erez Zadok ezk at cs.sunysb.edu
Mon Mar 15 16:56:20 EST 2004

In message <1079386937.5149.283.camel at anthem.wooz.org>, Barry Warsaw writes:
> On Mon, 2004-03-15 at 16:31, Erez Zadok wrote:
>

> (Aside: Mailman 3 will have no monthly password reminders.  I don't know
> if y'all hate those as much as I do, but we should look forward to the
> day where we don't have to celebrate our monthly curse: Mailman Day. :)

I take it you that over the years you got "a few" complaints about this? :-)

Actually I like that feature.  What I don't like is that the reminders all
come on the same day by default.  It's easy to fix it if MM2 would just pick
a random day to stick in the cron job; or better yet, that this would be a
configurable feature.

I don't like losing features in newer releases, just b/c they're annoying to
_some_ people.  It is useful to others.  You could turn off the reminder by
default, and allow an admin to set it to some frequency as they see fit.

Erez.