[Mailman3-dev] getting webserver to run with stubbackend; how about ITransactionManager.checkState()?

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Mon Apr 19 21:14:18 EDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-04-12 at 00:10, Michael Kato wrote:
> Barry,
>
>    I came across the following code, and thought perhaps the
> ITransactionManager interface should support a method like checkState()
> then the following code can be changed to use that instead.  What do
> you think?

Excellent idea, I've added that (but note that my tree's a little broken
atm so I hope I didn't introduce a bug ;).  I'm going to try to finish
up my config changes and then work on getting the tests working again.

BTW, I want to stick pretty close to PEP 8 style guide, except where
overridden by my own peculiarities. :)  So methods should be called
check_state() instead of checkState().  There are some exceptions,
mostly based on said peculiarities, like isthing() usually being
preferred over is_thing().  No worries though -- if you don't mind me
pissing on the hydrant from time to time. :)

Also, test_foo.py is probably preferrable to testFoo.py.

-Barry

http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0008.html
http://barry.warsaw.us/software/STYLEGUIDE.txt