[Mailman-Users] Blocked Messages

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Dec 9 12:04:55 EST 2016

On 12/08/2016 12:57 PM, Don Keating wrote:

> I'm administrator/moderator of several Mailman mailing lists through my hosting
> service hostmonster.com.
>
> One of the lists MBRS at OptimistClubOfStAndrews.org
> <mailto:MBRS at OptimistClubOfStAndrews.org>  is bouncing to addresses with
> sc.rr.com and earthlink.com domains.
>
> I've deleted and rebuilt the list at least once, more I think.  The bounces
> continue.

I would have been very surprised if that helped.

My first guess is that those domains are blocking mail from your Mailman
server, but if your other lists send to those domains OK, that isn't it.

First, ensure you get bounce notices by ensuring that
bounce_notify_owner_on_disable and if your Mailman is 2.1.19 or newer
bounce_notify_owner_on_bounce_increment are set to Yes on the list admin
Bounce processing page.

Then, when you get a notice with the DSN attached, send us the DSN so we
can see why the messages are bouncing. Then we may be able to suggest
things.