[ mailman-Bugs-1999387 ] Misleading question in Subscribe WWW form.

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sat Jun 21 18:18:20 CEST 2008

Bugs item #1999387, was opened at 2008-06-21 13:27
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by keinstein
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=1999387&group_id=103

not just the latest update.
Category: (un)subscribing
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Hi,

At least the German translation is misleading on the subscription confirmation page of Mailman 2.1.5 as I have seen the same should be true in current trunk revison.

The problem is that the Question

"Nachrichtensammlungen abonnieren?  Nein   Ja"

doesn't contain any information, that this setting is the delivery mode. It could be interpreted as "Yes, I really want to recieve emails from the list."

I think the text of the default is much better to understand and would less likely loose so much information in any translation. So I suggest to change the message

"Receive digests? No Yes"
(in German: "Nachrichtensammlungen abonnieren?  Nein   Ja")

"Which delivery mode shall be used? Regular Digest"
(in German "Welcher Auslieferungsmodus wird gewnscht? Normal Nachrichtensammlung")

Btw.: The term "Nachrichtensammlung" just tells that it's a collection of messages, but nothing that it is deliverend as one Email containing the collection. I'd prefer to emphasize that its one email containing a collection, in German: "Sammelnachricht". That this collection will be a collection of messages shuld be easy to understand, since we are in a context of mailing lists.