[Ironpython-users] no module named urllib

Langbehn, Thimo t.langbehn at euroimmun.de
Fri Jul 15 00:32:03 EDT 2016

Hello Laszlo,

> I wrote an application in c# using IronPython to host Python scripts. As I am mainly targeting the app for scripting Cisco routers, I wanted to use Cisco YDK-Py library. But when I try to open a sample script I get the error in subject.

urllib is part oft the IronPython library and should be available. You can check that by opening  „ipy“ and entering „import urllib“.
If that works, it might be that your application did not set up the module search path correctly, or it might have been changed by the skript. The module search path resides in sys.path [1] (import sys) and should contain the „Lib“ directory of your IronPython installation.

> Already tried "ipy -x:Frames -m ensurepip" - whatever it supposed to do - but the issue stays, however the command succeeded.

„ipy –m ensurepip“ starts IronPython and executes an integrated module that installs the pip Package manager.

Cheers,

Thimo

[1] https://docs.python.org/2/tutorial/modules.html?highlight=__all__#the-module-search-path