[Ironpython-users] GUI Toolkits

Andrew Ayre andy at britishideas.com
Thu Nov 20 09:30:56 CET 2014

Hi Haymo,

Thanks for responding.

Sorry, I should have clarified something. I never run IronPython
standalone. I only use it embedded in my C# applications. For me that is
the single biggest advantage of IronPython.

I understand what you are saying. I'm a professional software developer
familiar with all these technologies, so I know what is involved to make
it work. However....

The users of my application are non-technical. They need to be gently
coaxed into even considering using python for the first time.

Of course WinForms is already there in my app for anyone to use from
IronPython, but what I need to supplement this is a much simpler GUI
system that has an easier learning curve, so my users won't be
frightened off. Then they have a choice:

   - full blown winforms
   - something simpler and familiar to most python users

Thanks, Andy

--
Andy
PGP Key ID: 0xDC1B5864